The Spa-Francorchamps circuit is a cornerstone venue in the FIA World Endurance Championship as the championship has been hosted at the track in the Belgian Ardennes mountains since its inception in 2012. Its ideal location in northern Europe draws local spectators as well as those from France, Germany, the U.K. and the Netherlands. The Total 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps also doubles as a dress rehearsal for teams entered in the following round, the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The FIA WEC has announced the Spa-Francorchamps round will figure on its calendar for at least the next four years.
In 2020, the Total 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps will serve as the seventh race of the 2019-2020 FIA WEC season, one week earlier than usual. The round will take place on Saturday 25 April 2020. FIA WEC C.E.O. Gérard Neveu: "We have always been keen on keeping our calendar as consistent as possible, and the WEC and European Le Mans Series are happy to return to Spa-Francorchamps the next four years."
For more info, go to the official FIA WEC website.
Here is the 2019-2020 FIA WEC Calendar:
- 4 Hours of Silverstone (U.K.) – 1 September 2019
- 6 Hours of Fuji (Japan) – 6 October 2019
- 4 Hours of Shanghai (China) - 10 November 2019
- 4 Hours of Bahrain (Bahrain) – 14 December 2019
- 6 Hours of São Paulo (Brazil) – 1 February 2020
- 1000 Miles of Sebring (8 hours) (U.S.) – 20 March 2020
- 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) – 25 April 2020
- 24 Hours of Le Mans (France) – 13-14 June 2020
Check out our related article: FIA WEC – SEASON 8 OFF TO A STELLAR START
BREAKING NEWS: THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS POSTPONED TO 19–20 SEPTEMBER 2020