The Anglo-American team will field the #22 ORECA 07-Gibson in the LMP2 class for the 2019-2020 FIA World Endurance Championship season. At the 6 Hours of Fuji on 6 October, the second round of the FIA WEC, the car is set to be driven by Phil Hanson, Filipe Albuquerque and Oliver Jarvis. The latter will replace Paul di Resta for the race due to his involvement in the German touring car championship DTM.
Jarvis (age 35) has taken the start in the 24 Hours of Le Mans eight times, claiming four podium finishes. In 2016, he was runner-up in the FIA WEC at the wheel of Team Joest's Audi R18 and won the 12 Hours of Sebring in 2013. He participated in the 87th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year at the wheel of Risi Competizione's #89 Ferrari 488 GTE EVO (40th overall, 11th in LMGTE Pro).
The eighth season of the FIA World Endurance Championship will kick off in 23 days at the 4 Hours of Silverstone. Thirty cars are expected to hit the track (five LMP1s, eight LMP2s, six LMGTE Pros and 11 LMGTE Ams).
2019-2020 FIA WEC Calendar:
- 4 Hours of Silverstone (U.K.) – 1 September 2019
- 6 Hours of Fuji (Japan) – 6 October 2019
- 4 Hours of Shanghai (China) - 10 November 2019
- 4 Hours of Bahrain (Bahrain) – 14 December 2019
- 6 Hours of São Paulo (Brazil) – 1 February 2020
- 1000 Miles of Sebring (8 hours) (U.S.) – 20 March 2020
- 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) – 25 April 2020
- 24 Hours of Le Mans (France) – 13-14 June 2020
BREAKING NEWS: THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS POSTPONED TO 19–20 SEPTEMBER 2020