Team: BMW Team MTEK
Class: LMGTE Pro
Cars and Drivers:
#81 BMW M8 GTE
- Nicky Catsburg (2nd participation)
- Martin Tomczyk (2nd participation, 2011 DTM champion)
- Philipp Eng (3rd participation, 2015 Porsche Supercup champion)
#82 BMW M8 GTE
- Antonio Farfus (4th participation, 24 Hours of Nürburgring winner in 2008 and 2010)
- Antonio Felix da Costa (2nd participation, 2009 Formula Renault 2.0 champion, Macao F3 winner in 2012 and 2016)
- Jesse Krohn (rookie, 2017-2018 Asian Le Mans Series GT champion)
BMW Team MTEK has not clinched a win in the 2018-2019 FIA WEC Super Season. The decision has been made by the Bavarian marque to end its endurance programme after the 87th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. So, this is the last opportunity for this team to make its mark. BMW last won the race 20 years ago.
Team Goals at the 2019 24 Hours of Le Mans:
Ernest Knoors, BMW Team MTEK team owner, realises the brief nature of the BMW programme isn't great for the team: "Yes, a first and final year, which is a bit frustrating and unfortunate for us. We've come here like we do for every race, with the hope of being on par with the best and that we can win. With our current limitations, we'll give it our all, and if that gets us a podium finish, we'll be happy."
BREAKING NEWS: THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS POSTPONED TO 19–20 SEPTEMBER 2020