Following months of in-depth discussion between the ACO, the FIA and manufacturers, the rules applying to the top tier of the World Endurance Championship and the the 24 Hours of Le Mans from September 2020 were finally approved by the World Motor Sport Council gathered in Saint Petersburg today.
Spectacular, technological, competitive and affordable are the new watchwords in endurance racing.
Read the full regulations here :
- The spirit of the 2020 regulation in videos
- Regulations 2020, the Cars in the Top Class
- 2020 Regulations, Technology, Hybrid prototypes
- 2020 Regulations, how much will It cost to race?
- Questions about the 2020 regulations to Vincent Beaumesnil, Sport Director ACO
The name of the new hypercar class will be chosen by popular vote and announced in January 2019.
BREAKING NEWS: THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS POSTPONED TO 19–20 SEPTEMBER 2020