Two hours of qualifying, 60 cars, 180 drivers: here are the key stats from Wednesday evening's action at the 24 Hours of Le Mans circuit.
- The #8 Toyota TS050 Hybrid, quickest on the track last night, completed 31 laps. It was a great performance, but the session record went to its sister car: 33 laps for the #7 Toyota TS 050 Hybrid.
- In his second outing, Kazuki Nakajima clocked the best time of 3:17:270.
- Kazuki Nakajima and Kamui Kobayashi were the two fastest drivers of the evening ahead of Sébastien Buemi and Thomas Laurent. The French driver clocked his time at the wheel of the #3 Rebellion R13 during the free practice. Given all the times from Wednesday night, we now know that 157 drivers lapped in less than 04:00! 174 were timed and six do not yet have an official result.
- Five cars finished under the symbolic lap time of 03:20, and 22 cars finished under 03:30.
- The #8 Toyota TS050 Hybrid driven by Sébastien Buemi reached the fastest top speed: 342.3 km/h. The second car fielded by the Japanese marque finished 17th on the timesheet (334.9 km/h).
- In LMGTE Pro, the 2017 pole has already gone up in smoke. Among the 13 fastest cars figured the two BMW M8 GTEs newcomers in the class. Will we see a new distance record at this year's running of the race?
- In LMGTE Am, the #88 Porsche 911 RSR fielded by Dempsey Proton Racing is already faster than the 2017 pole in the LMGTE Pro class.
MAIN PHOTO (Copyright - Jonathan Biche/ACO): The Aston Martin Vantage GTEs hit the track last night.